Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010!

My parents made the trek up to Dallas on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with us (the doctor said we could go anywhere we wanted to have a baby...so we decided not to go out of town). They were here by lunch to eat some of my favorite homemade chicken, mushroom and spinach lasagna and then caught the 4pm service at Watermark (we had to sit a part because it was so crowded). Afterwards we came home only to be spoiled by Roy's steaks on the grill and then off to look at Christmas lights with hot chocolate in hand (Jonathan was in town by dinner). It was nice.

We woke up Christmas morning, ate a little of Pioneer Woman's breakfast casserole and opened presents. We then rushed out the door to catch the ICE exhibit at the Gaylord Texan. I loved it even though I bought the wrong tickets - I was supposed to just buy tickets to the ICE exhibit but also bought tickets for the snow hill, which I made everyone do at least once (just to get our monies worth). After lunch we all ventured over to the Four Seasons for their AMAZING Christmas brunch (don't tell anyone I ate six desserts). It was fabulous. A nice, low-key Christmas together.

Thanks for coming in mom and dad!

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff! She'll be here soooon! Jan 5th would be a good day ;-)

wilsonfamily said...

So glad they came to you! Looks like you guys had fun!