Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Waiting.

I remember Nicole Johnson once saying that "Waiting can be one of the most God-filled moments in your life." I believe her. All of life is about waiting. I used to misinterpret waiting to mean "doing nothing" but that's not the case. To me, waiting is anticipating what the Lord is going to do, while I continue to live.

We're waiting on this baby girl to make her appearance. This picture was taken at at 40 weeks. I thought she was going to come early (even though I had lots of friends tell me not to expect it or I would be disappointed). I've tried to be productive but I haven't been 100% successful at this (although I have had productive moments). I'm just anxious to see our baby girl for the first time and to hold her for the first time in my arms.

A few days ago I wrote a little something for her. I replaced her name with "baby girl." I thought I would share...

You’re almost here, baby girl. I am completely overwhelmed with excitement to meet you...and completely overwhelmed with the idea of being your mom. I have so many prayers for your life…prayers that you find joy in the magnificent milestones throughout the years and contentment when it hurts the most. But, above all, my deepest desire for you is to know the Lord at a young age and understand His unsurpassing grace…and that your deepest desire will be to glorify Him all the days of your life.

We’re just learning to be parents so we’re going to mess up a lot. I will try hard to lay down my pride and apologize often when I wrong you and ask for your forgiveness. I promise to humbly go before the Lord for wisdom, guidance and strength to love you well.

I cannot wait to cherish the big and small moments together. I also want you to have an incredible relationship with your dad, as he is so special to me and I know, even today, how much he has longed for you. I have longed for you, too. I have always wanted a daughter to share life with, to laugh with and to love. You are so loved.

Our life is going to change for the better in just a few short days…I love you, more than you’ll ever know.

5 comments:

Amy L said...

You've been in my thoughts and prayers so much in the past few days - I know how you're feeling and can't wait to see photos of that baby girl!

wilsonfamily said...

What a precious letter, Jennie! You guys will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers during this most special time. We can't wait to meet Baby Girl.

Rebekah Crosby said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to meet her!!
xoxo,
Aunt Bebee

Christina said...

You are so close!! I am jealous. 5 more weeks to go for us! Can't wait to see photos of baby girl soon!

Shea said...

It is a beautiful letter. Says everything we all feel. I'm thinking of you...wondering if she's here yet...and praying for what is about to be the very best day of your life. love you!