This day, two years ago, I got to marry the man of my dreams. I couldn't be more thrilled that I made that decision. Now, it hasn't been all roses and sunshine but I'm also learning sometimes the bumps and bruises were allowed by the Lord to shape and mold our hearts into something they could have never been before. Marriage is an adventure and one that I would recommend to anyone...if you're willing. I know it's so cliche but I do love Roy more today than I did on October 4, 2008.Last night, Roy planned a special dinner to commemorate the occasion. Of course, I had to go and get sick so I was whining and feeling very sorry for myself...I asked if we could postpone until next weekend when I might be feeling a little better. I also slept downstairs so I wouldn't be coughing and sneezing in the middle of the night, waking him up (he has a big test today). I was trying to spare him from the "joy" I was feeling...such a great anniversary, right? He still woke me up with a smile first thing this morning and a bit of love (still keeping a safe distance away from me). When I left this morning I told him again how much I appreciate him and how thankful I am that we're together...and I meant it. He asked again if I would be alright and of course I assured him that I would survive...and the baby is still kicking away so I think she'll be fine, too. It's days like this, even when things don't turn out the way you had planned them to be, that I can be thankful for the journey and will continue to do my best to not look for an end destination.
Love wins.

2 comments:
Happy Anniversary, sweet friend. Thanks for always being so authentic about the REAL journey of marriage. It is truly a gift - but truly hard work. Feel better soon!
Happy anniversary, Jennie and Roy!
Post a Comment