Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby P's First Shower!

This past weekend, four of my favorite friends threw me a baby shower. It was perfect, just perfect. We had a little come and go action. My mother made the big drive up from Austin. Roy spent the few hours I was away going to hit golf balls with Tim (my brother-in-law) and Andrew (Elizabeth's husband). I think he needed the guy-time as much as I needed the girl-time. I was so humbled by the outpouring of my friend's love...it was such a reminder of God's provision for our lives.

Here's a picture of the table - isn't it beautiful?



Here's a picture of the hostesses, aren't the gorgeous?

From left to right:
* Sterling Abbott - We met co-leading a bunch of cute Jr. High girls through a bible study. I can't say enough about how much I love being around Sterling.
* Linde Thompson - Roy calls her "Linde-gold" - and she's just that, which explains my endearing love towards her.
* Heather Maloy - Even though she lives in Austin, Heather still wanted to host. She's such a giving, loyal, loving, kind friend. I wouldn't give her up for the world.
* Elizabeth Johnson - She's fun, adventurous, authentic and just giving. Her heart draws me closer to her every time I see her.



Here's a picture of Kristin (Roy's sister), two of our nieces (Jenna-8 and Amanda-5), my favorite mom and Camie (one of my treasured mentors).


Here's a picture of just a few of the friends that showed up. Ann, (an old roommate that loved me through a very tough time) Sterling, Stephanie (a little further along in her pregnancy than I am) and Lindsey (my favorite friend named Lindsey :)


And, a few more of my favorite friends, Carrie, Lan and Kate.

I didn't put all of the pictures in here but you get the just of it. It was an amazing day and one that I will remember for a lifetime. Packing up the car made me even more excited to meet Baby P - 11 more weeks to go!


We're 29 weeks today! Heart rate was a little slower at our last Dr.'s appointment on Friday (145 bpm) but I honestly think she fell asleep after the gestational diabetes test where they make you drink an insane amount of sugar in a short period of time. She was jumping around like crazy - I had never felt so much movement. It was cute. It wore her out. Good thing to note for future reference (:

No comments: