Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another incredible blessing!

Yesterday, four of my favorite friends threw me a shower for Baby Plumlee. It was beautiful and I soaked up every single second of the entire morning. I felt so loved and cared for. I had such a great time. Most of the friends that came were from a bible study that I was in with a few girls from college. I also had a few friends from Women of Faith shower me with love...and of course I couldn't forget the girls that came from our Foundation group. It was really special.

Here's a sonogram picture of the baby. We placed it at the front, when everyone walked in.

Here's a picture of the hostesses...these are friends that have invested in my life eternally.

(from left to right)

Hannah - We met through our Foundation group and have become fast friends. I've written about her before. She and I have spent hours walking together, talking and praying through life. I love her heart for others.

Kacey - We met at UT several years ago but I have to say that it's only been the last few years that I have had an incredible opportunity to appreciate the depths of Kacey's heart for others. We've related through the loss of our family and it's bonded us for life. I am so grateful for Kacey.

Kristie - Well first of all we have this long-standing joke to always tell each other how pretty we are...this always makes me feel loved. As my wedding gift, Kristie met me at the gym 3-4x/week before the BIG day. I love her heart and her desire to know the Lord in a real way. She encourages me to live fully.

Kari - I don't think I know another person so selfless. I have told several people how much I wish I was more like Kari. She loves unconditionally and without pretense. She genuinely cares deeply for others. She's due with her first baby in three weeks and she STILL wanted to host the shower at her house. Seriously, HEART OF GOLD.

This is a picture of the table...beautiful! I promised myself that I would only eat one oreo ball...ummm...I remembered this four orea balls later (: salmon rolls, chicken salad croissants, salad, petifores, banana break...oh my!

This is a picture of all the girls in our bible study Alison, Dina, Summer, Kristie, Kacey, Kari and Kris). I am so grateful for them. Seriously, there was a time that the last thing I wanted was to invest time in the Word...these girls loved me there.

And, these are the girls that I have come to know and love much more recently...from our Foundation group (Nancy, Laura, Hannah and Beth). Nancy is the weekend weather girl on ABC...it was funny to hear all the girls ask where they knew her from. Laura helped me register...can I say life saver?? While I was at the shower, Roy went shooting with Laura and Beth's husband (along with Tim and my dad). LOVE that.

And, of course Kate made the drive from Tyler to be here. So special. It worked out well because she was also able to spend the weekend with her sister, Kelly and her baby twins home from the hospital. Worth Anne was Kate's roommate in college (they lived across the hall from me my freshman year). I treasure their friendships, deep in my heart. There is just something about people who have seen you through so many years.

And, my mom...she made the drive up from Austin (again). I'm so glad she came. She also bought me the cute dress I'm wearing (which you'll see again). It was really special that she would come and be with me.

I'm so grateful that people in my life actually know me and still love me. God's riches at Christ's expense...grace.

No comments: