Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Port A with the UT folk.

This past weekend we ventured down to Port Aransas with a "few" friends from UT (see picture). It was a long road trip down there (a little longer since I changed directions on Roy half way there hoping it would be a quicker route...it wasn't), but we made it!

We had the privilege of sharing a condo with Kari & Tommy Simpson and Jene & John Byrom (with their three year old, Garrison). They were so much fun to be around. I always think it is so good for us to spend time with people who love God and have great marriages...I felt like they knew what they were doing. And, Garrison...he is the most well behaved, happy boy that I've ever been around. Jene & John are such great parents! We learned so many lessons on how to parent by watching them this past weekend - it was so good for us because we have so much to learn (:
Kari (above) is 7 months pregnant (due in November) - isn't she adorable? I loved hanging out with her and sharing crazy stories about being pregnant. She was an inspiration to me because she made healthy choices about what she ate and how much she exercises. And, me...well, let's just say between the 3 couples, we bought 5 (1/2) gallons of Blue Bell ice cream...and Kari didn't help us with that.
This is a belly picture from me on the beach. One of the regulars wasn't able to make the trip and he always wears this shell necklace so Alison, the master mind behind the trip, make a representative from every family take a picture with the necklace. This was our picture.

We were so grateful to have this time with our friends. On Sunday night the girls got together to play games and have fruity beach drinks (sans me). When Kari and I walked in, the other girls surprised us with a baby shower. I started crying, of course - I've never been surprised like that. They pitched in for a huge gift certificate at Babies R Us and a little UT onesie (for Baby P to wear on the trip next year). I was truly overwhelmed by their generosity.

What a fun way to spend Labor Day! And, maybe our last trip as a couple before the baby (:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the belly pic!! So cute! -Hannah

Shea said...

What great friends to surprise you with a shower on your trip! I love surprises! Sounds like the baby already has tons of people that love her!