Written on Monday, June 21st...
I don't feel pregnant, except for the night nausea and the crying...oh, the crying! I just feel things so intensely now. At Toy Story this weekend, I was sobbing. Roy just looked over at me and put his hand in mine and leaned over and said, "I'm so sorry." It was so incredibly sweet. Then, at church yesterday, during praise and worship at the end, I just cried out to the Lord in gratefulness for all He has done. Roy just put his arm around me and pulled me closer.
I've started to tell friends, as I have seen them. I want to tell people in person and not over the phone, if I can help it at all...but, I want to tell them all personally. I can't imagine posting something like this on Facebook until I've told everyone I can get a hold of.
On Wednesday, it'll be 11 weeks. I'm anxiously awaiting our next sonogram next Thursday (July 1st) so that I can have a firm confirmation that everything is alright (and to see Baby Plum). I haven't started to gain much weight, well 3.5 lbs. That's not encouraging or discouraging, weight gain doesn't really kick in until week 12. I'm not dieting but I want to be healthy. I also don't want to have to spend all of 2011 trying to get the weight off.
It's getting exciting. I told my mom last Tuesday and called my dad on Father's Day to break the news (he was out of town last week). They are really excited and so are we. Of course, our life doesn't quite look like we would have planned it with a baby on the way but I'm just trying to continue to trust the Lord and feel like this is my tangible opportunity to do so. I am thankful that we have so much and that God is continuing to show Himself in a powerful way. I guess life does that and when God decides to bless you with a new life (completely by His grace and not because I deserve it), it sure does put life into perspective.


2 comments:
Jennie - I'm so terribly happy for you. What joy immeasurable is heading your way! Warmest wishes on the journey and I will surely bring you chocolate or pickles and ice cream should the need arise. Keep us posted! Love, Michelle.
I'm SO excited for you guys!!! I always felt like you gain what your body needs you to gain during pregnancy. Sounds weird, but I really think there is some truth to it. I can't wait to see you with a cute baby bump. Looking forward to more updates.
Post a Comment