
Written at the beginning of June...
I know! I'm still pretty shocked. I found out on Monday, May 3rd. I had a feeling so I woke up in the middle of the night and took a test. It was positive. Half asleep, I took random pictures of the pee stick and went back to bed. Roy had a BIG test the next day so I kept the news until he finished the exam...he's till mad at me that I didn't tell him right away. I think I was still in shock, though. It's been ten weeks today. I told my mom last night and will call and tell my dad on Father's Day (he's out of town on a mission trip).
I'm not going to lie, I've been nautious, especially at night. Last night I could hardly sleep because I felt sick and my boobs hurt so bad. But, I really can't complain too much, I've had it easy (at least that's what Roy says). I'm just so dang excited to be a part of such a miracle. I can't believe the Lord chose us to be parents. Of course, now I'm completely overwhelmed. My clothes are beginning to feel tight and I can't suck in anymore.
We've had three sonograms (all pretty early on) - at the 6 week, we only saw a sack (no baby). On the 8th week, we saw a tiny baby and a heartbeat (although not trackable). On the 9th week, we saw a baby and a strong heartbeat (yeah!). Of course, this is just the beginning but I couldn't be more excited. We go back to the doctor in a few weeks - that's when we'll be over the big hump (our first trimester). I can't wait to tell people. I have lots of friends that are expecting right now (or so it feels like that) so it'll be exciting to go through this with them. Of course, we have lots of things to figure out...but, I'm just trying not to worry and just enjoy this time. Sometimes, I get so excited that I just smile.
We're going to have a baby! I can't believe it.

No comments:
Post a Comment