Lately, I’ve been traveling a lot for work. Three trips to Orlando in March and one to Houston last week. There are many things I don’t like about traveling for work (imagine Walt Disney at Spring Break)… but, let’s spend time focusing on the positive because there a lot of things I really do like about traveling. These are my top ten favorite things I experienced while I was away this past month...
1. Visiting my friends Anna and Tina in Orlando. They’re always such a joy to be around and their ministry at Campus Crusade humbles my heart.
2. The beautiful weather. While it was cold and rainy in Texas, it was warm and sunny in Orlando…got to love that!
3. 3 meals a day. Although I won’t comment on the quality of food, being at conferences, you always get plenty to eat.
4. Work. Although this may be a downer for some people, I really like what I do and the people I work with. Traveling for work gave me ample time to focus on my current projects.
5. Raking in the AA miles. Thanks to a bit of traveling this year, I was just able to book Roy and I a vacation using all my miles (plus some I hadn’t earned yet). More on this later – WAHOO!
6. Meeting new people. Traveling gave me lots of opportunities to meet with people I virtually work with everyday. I like these people.
7. Roy. Refreshed. Roy find energy from being alone. So most of the time, after I returned from a trip, he was relaxed and full of energy…probably from getting the entire bed all by himself for a few nights.
8. Cookies and Milk. The Magnolia Hotel, my favorite hotel in Houston, serves cookies and milk from 8-10pm every night. I. loved. this.
9. Missing home. Being away makes me appreciate many comforts of home including my favorite person, my love.
10. Coming home. My favorite part of every trip is stepping off the plane in Dallas and being greeted by the same person that dropped me off. And, even if he tells me that I look exhausted and worn down, he still smiles, gives me a kiss, picks up my luggage and drives me home.
2. The beautiful weather. While it was cold and rainy in Texas, it was warm and sunny in Orlando…got to love that!
3. 3 meals a day. Although I won’t comment on the quality of food, being at conferences, you always get plenty to eat.
4. Work. Although this may be a downer for some people, I really like what I do and the people I work with. Traveling for work gave me ample time to focus on my current projects.
5. Raking in the AA miles. Thanks to a bit of traveling this year, I was just able to book Roy and I a vacation using all my miles (plus some I hadn’t earned yet). More on this later – WAHOO!
6. Meeting new people. Traveling gave me lots of opportunities to meet with people I virtually work with everyday. I like these people.
7. Roy. Refreshed. Roy find energy from being alone. So most of the time, after I returned from a trip, he was relaxed and full of energy…probably from getting the entire bed all by himself for a few nights.
8. Cookies and Milk. The Magnolia Hotel, my favorite hotel in Houston, serves cookies and milk from 8-10pm every night. I. loved. this.
9. Missing home. Being away makes me appreciate many comforts of home including my favorite person, my love.
10. Coming home. My favorite part of every trip is stepping off the plane in Dallas and being greeted by the same person that dropped me off. And, even if he tells me that I look exhausted and worn down, he still smiles, gives me a kiss, picks up my luggage and drives me home.

2 comments:
I agree on almost all accounts. Except that Michael doesn't really LOVE it when it I'm gone. He gets lonely. It must be because I'm so amazing and he wants to be around me ALL the time. Understandable.
Waiting on pictures :-)
Post a Comment