Thursday, March 18, 2010

Traveling Mercies


I’ve had a particular hard week this week. I happened to grab a familiar book on my way out the door on Monday (I was heading to Orlando for the week) – only the Lord would know how much I would need it. Elizabeth Elliot so graciously reminded me that “If God is Love, He is, by definition, something more than mere kindness. And it appears, from all records, that though He has often rebuked us and condemned us, He has never regarded us with contempt. He has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.” Sometimes the love the Lord pours out on us seems so very tragic. She reminded me to pray for the unseen. Because the Lord is always working and whether or not we see it and feel it, He is still sovereign. A good reminder today for me since I can only see with these eyes.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey - great book to recommend - you should check out Thin Places by Mary DeMuth - fabulous read. Very hope-filled story from a brave woman who loves Jesus. Very authentic and raw.