On Friday I graduated from SMU's COX School of Business Graduate Marketing Program. The diploma looked quite official. I'm officially a SMU Alumni. My company paid for the 21 week program which was a HUGE reason why I was able to attend.
On Saturday, I "competed" in Ft. Worth's Cowtown half marathon (all thanks to my "trainers" Anne and Ashley). I was proud of the accomplishment although I can't promise that I'll do it again. Roy, my support team, came out to cheer me on (and drive Anne and I to Ft. Worth at 5am in the morning)!And, if you've known me for two seconds you probably know that I ADORE flowers. Look at all of the flowers I received! My parents sent me an arrangement for graduation, the Protiviti leadership team sent me the gerber daisies for the half marathon and Roy brought home a few of my favorite lilies just because he loves me.


On Sunday, Sterling and I went to check out the new Dallas Opera house and take in Cosi fan Tutte. I loved it (I might have enjoyed it more if it wasn't 3 1/2 hours long) but I loved the experience (and the company, Sterling is an amazing friend to me). I felt so cultured.Unfortunately this weekend we found out that Roy's dad has stage 3 lung cancer. Roy left on Saturday afternoon to be with him in Phoenix. I'm heading out there on Wednesday to stay for the weekend. Please pray for Roy and his father.
Lots of love to you all! I hope your weekend was much more relaxing then mine.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Roy's father. My hubby's father died of lung cancer and it is really a debilitating disease.
But also, congratulations on getting your diploma and running a marathon. Way to go!!
Congrats on the half marathon and graduation!
Post a Comment