Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Turks and Caicos...here we go!


We’re off to Turks and Caico’s on Saturday and I can hardly stand it. We’re staying at the Villa Renaissance which was voted #1 on Trip Advisor (my favorite website to check out real reviews from real people). I booked a condo on VRBO. It’s beautiful, I think I like the king size four poster bed best.

Since I get the question so often, T&C is in the Caribbean, 400+ miles southeast of Florida. It’s British Territory…which means American Airlines will still allow us to check 2 bags for free (it’s the little things in life)! T&C is known for their thousands of miles of “un-touched” white sand beaches. The water is beautiful and the weather is going to be perfect (fingers crossed)! It’s also has the 3rd largest coral reef in the world. T&C used to be known for exporting conchs - you know the large spiral sea shells? I plan to go conch diving while I’m there.

I had lots of plans to lay-out on the beach most of the day until I asked Roy what his idea of a perfect vacation in T&C would look like. I think he said “waking up every morning to walk on the beach when the sun rises, breakfast, then playing a game of tennis, out to snorkel, football on the beach, lunch, hiking and then bike riding around the island before dinner.” This is what I get for marrying an athlete! He isn’t exactly a “lay on the beach” all-day kind of guy. I love him.

4 comments:

wilsonfamily said...

Beautiful picture! Well, at least you know you will always stay in shape with Roy. ;) Have a blast! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

monique said...

yall have fun! it will be a wonderful trip...enjoy, can't wait to see you soon! love you!

Michelle said...

I'm seething with envy. But have a blast and bring me back a conch! (ok, actually they are super smelly to bring home)

Erin said...

Yippee!!! Excited to see the pics when you return. Love you!