


We spent a great deal of our seven nights and eight days relaxing by the pool and on the beach. Roy had been to Maui three times before so I charged him with the plans.
First and foremost, we ate a lot. The food is expensive, too. We ate out at least twice a day. Lots of nice meals. Unlike our friend's Lan and David who fully utilized their small fridge in the room for breakfast and lunch meat (on their recent honeymoon in Maui at the Sheraton), we stocked ours with Gatorade and yogurt (for Roy) and wine (for me). To bad the freezer wasn't big enough for ice cream (which we eat almost every day)...and I wonder why I've gained a few extra pounds.
Second, we loved our car. We put over 600 miles on our car throughout the entire week. Roy upgraded to a convertible as a surprise - well played, Roy. We took in waterfall after waterfall on the Road to Hana, we risked our lives trying to drive to a hike near a Boy Scout camp, we drove up to see the Haleakala crater at 6am in the morning and still had plenty of time to venture to other parts of the island for sight-seeing.
One of my favorite things I did was an advance dive down the back side of Molokini island - 107 feet. Roy traveled out with the team on the boat. I saw at least 4 or 5 white tip sharks, an octopus, numerous oversized turtles and countless fish. It was amazing. Afterwards, Roy took me over to the Grand Wailia for a nice lunch and a tour of the grounds.
I think one of Roy's favorite things he did was a round of golf at Kapalua. I drove the cart. He scheduled a late tee-time with an old friend he ran into on the plane. I thought that since the tee-time started so late, they would only be able to play 9 holes of golf. I was having a blast on the course until I realized that there were another 9 holes left...Roy said I don't hide bored very well.
As always, I was amazed we had time to pack it in - I even got to hang out with a friend of a friend, Kelly - who took me to sushi at the Ritz. The sunsets were beautiful. And, the wedding in the small courtyard under our balcony was kind of fun to spy on.
It was a great trip. Here are a few select pictures of the entire adventure:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jennieclay/MauiPicks?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7WzsbpqpvV3QE&feat=directlink

1 comment:
Great pictures! Makes me want to go back there.
Post a Comment