Okay, I took a 1/2 day on Friday to get some errands done...I went to the store, cleaned the house and had just a little bit of time before Roy came home so I decided to be a good wife and bake him some of his favorite cookies...Oatmeal Raisin. I was just about finished combining the ingredients when I realized we didn't have any vanilla extract. I debated just leaving it out but since we literally live less then 100 feet from Tom Thumb, I decided to run to the store (ummm, that's a lie, I drove). The entire store trip didn't take more then 10 minutes...I was back very quickly because I knew Roy would be home soon and I wanted the cookies baked. I added the vanilla, finished stirring everything together and started baking the cookies. I had plans that night with friend Deborah so I was off just a few hours later to spend the evening away. Roy spent the night home "mentally preparing" for his golf tournament and getting a few things done. He also ate a few of my cookies. I came home late and we both went to bed later. When we woke the next morning, Roy said that he wasn't feeling that well. I ran to breakfast with a few friends and he enjoyed a little Wii and a few more cookies before running out the door to play golf. As he tells the story, the first couple holes of golf went really well but by the fourth hole, he thought he was having a heart attack (his entire body hurt so bad)...then, it got worse....bathroom worse. He didn't make it much further before he had to rush back to the club house and then finally, home. He spent the evening in and went to bed early (I've never seen him go to bed before me.) We thought it was food poisoning. I went over and over in my head what we had eaten the past 24 hours. Roy woke up later then me this morning (again, this never happens)...I went downstairs to read and grabbed a cookie for breakfast (they were almost gone). About 10 minutes later, I knew why Roy was sick...I had accidentally poisoned him with my cookies! I didn't know if you leave uncooked dough out for too long that they will go bad...no one told me that! I apologized profusely and told him that I was so sorry that I messed up his entire weekend (and both of our Sunday's)...I told him that if I was trying to kill him, I would probably pick another method. Roy says this is the third time it's happened...I think it's only happened one other time (when I left chicken out too long) but I'm not going to argue with him, he's cleaning his gun (: I hope he feels better soon...

2 comments:
OH NO!!! I'm so sorry to hear that you guys got sick from the cookies. I'm proud of you for trying, Jennie. You are a good wife.
Classic! Gotta keep sharing these diddy's with us! You've got a heart full of love that makes you do crazy things :-) Great stories to share.
Post a Comment