Monday, April 13, 2009

A Spring update on us

Well, it's been awhile since I posted anything so I thought I would let you know we're still alive in kicking. This is a picture of us from Tiffany's wedding last weekend - she's a friend I used to work with. I helped throw a WILD and CRAZY bachelorette party the weekend before...all of that is true except the wild and crazy part.

Here's the top five things going on in our world right now...

1. We tried to cook a ham for Easter. We didn't even put it in the oven until we got home from church so we didn't actually sit down to eat until after 3:30pm. This didn't pair well with Roy since he was doing taxes, at the time...but, for our first Easter, I was proud we didn't go out to eat.
2. We're heading to Maui mid-May..Roy's been before but this will be my first time. I can't wait to sit on the beach, get a real tan while drinking something fruity. I'm pretty excited to spend some uninterrupted time with my husband, as well.
3. Roy turned 40 in March! We spent his birthday weekend in Austin at Lakeway Spa and Resort. He wanted to go shooting (which we did) and relax (which I tried to do).
4. We joined a Foundation (community) group. Along with a mentor couple, we're meeting with six other couples in their first year or two of marriage to go through four books on four different "hot" topics (communication, sacredness of marriage, finances and intimacy). We just started the group a few weeks ago - I think I will love it.
5. Work is going strong for both of us - I am defintely thankful to have a job that I enjoy. When we're not working, we're playing. I am so excited that the summer weather is almost here - we've made a concentrated effort to be outside more. I'm beginning to see slow improvements in our tennis game...

2 comments:

Sara Carolina said...

Ok, how does Roy hide his age so well? Are you sure you didn't mis-type the #? He doesn't look anywhere close to 40. Y'all look great. Enjoy your trip to Maui!

JLB said...

Jennie,

Sooooooooo glad to see you happy and doing well. And what an awesome thing to join a group right at the beginning of marriage.

You will learn a lot and grow to love each other more and more each year that goes by.

Keep bloggin' (especially when you have kids) - you'll want to capture EVERYTHING and not forget ANYTHING.

Love!