Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Two hours I'll never get back

Last night I came home earlier then expected from a happy hour out with Kathryn and Wedding Book picture making with Shannan. I arrived safely on the couch and turned the TV to The Bachelor to catch the last 30 minutes of the show. If you've been following the show you know more then me about what is going on but from where I sat, it was so obvious to me that poor Jason would never get a girl like Melissa or Morgan (whatever the girls name is) if he wasn't some TV icon. He's not that cute, he kisses all the girls on the block and even though he seems like a genuinely nice guy, I don't think he's anything special. I heard next week he picks one girl and then goes back and chooses the other girl...what in the world? My prediction - he won't end up with either of them but chances are, he'll end up with some other model that worships TV icons (see: Andrew Firestone).

The next show was an even better train wreck: "America's Most Beautiful Person" - or at least that's the "title" everyone on the show was going for. It was the final episode and down to the last three contestants. The premise of the show, if you haven't been watching (side note: I HOPE you did not waste your Monday nights watching this show) is that they pick a group of people who think they are going for some beauty title and put them up to different gigs that will show their "inner" beauty. At one point, Miss America wanna-be (a.k.a. former Miss Teen Texas) said she felt that it wasn't a good role model to take off her cloths to pose nude for photographs about 3 minutes before it showed pictures of her photographing nude. Inner turmoil, I'm sure. The Vitamin Shop owner seemed like the most genuine person in the world next to Mr. "I am the most beautiful person in the world and I don't care about anyone else" - seriously, he said that!...or something like that. But, Vitamin Show owner won third place. So, come to find out, the show wasn't picking "America's Most Beautiful Person" - it was about picking the "Most Beautiful Person" from a questionable group of contestants.

Again, two hours I'll never get back. Perhaps I should stick to reading.

No comments: