Friday, February 13, 2009

It's 2009!

(this is a picture of New Years Eve 2009 with friends Sam and Susan)



Okay, I understand that it's actually February and not the beginning of 2009 but thought I would share with you something I was strong-armed to complete on Facebook. My "25 Random Things about Me list"...


1. I have an adversity to stickers…you know the ones you get at networking events. My mother was a kindergarten teacher, maybe all the gold stickers just got to me.

2. I had 9 internships in college…Vignette, Virtuous Reality, ABC (operations & production), Representative Diane White Delisi, Donna Karen in New York, Neiman Marcus…can’t remember the other two, maybe it was only seven? Can anyone say overachiever?

3. Roy and I just celebrated our 4 month anniversary. I am absolutely crazy about him. I don’t know how I got so lucky. I just wish I knew how to be a wife.

4. Traveling for a year after college was the best decision I’ve ever made. I learned so much about myself. After living in London, I traveled to six continents in six months…it was absolutely amazing. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

5. If I saw you in Vegas you’d find me at the craps table. I love to gamble but it is much more fun when you’re not losing your own money.

6. I love wine…I’ve been to the Pinot Noir Valley, Napa Valley, a small winery in Perth, Stellenbosch in South Africa and even a few wineries in Texas. My taste in wine has developed over the years.

7. One of the most amazing gifts Roy has given me is 20 minutes of uninterrupted conversation every night…it’s definitely my favorite time of the day.


8. I played four sports in high school: tennis, basketball, track and cheerleading…I was terrible at all of them. It runs in the family…my father never played sports but he did win a typing bee in high school (thanks, Dad…I can also type 90+ words per minute).


9. Speaking of my dad, I got so many speeding tickets in high school that my father, who is an insurance agent, had to write State Farm and personally ask them not to drop me. I still miss my little red Toyota Celica.


10. My oldest brother and his family cut off their relationship with me last year and it has been the single most painful experience I have ever been through. Still praying for reconciliation…will you pray with me?


11. I will always remember the friends in my life that taught me not to worry so much about what people thought of me…thanks Marisa, Jill, Amanda and Rebekah. This is also another reason I love Roy so much.


12. I genuinely love people. I would rather sit and have a one-on-one conversation with someone at Starbucks then do just about anything.


13. I like to pretend to live dangerously…I once went great white shark diving and sky diving all in the same week. I’m normally more adventurous when the people around me aren’t. I’m a rebel like that.


14. One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me was staying together and weathering through the hard time. They act like best friends. I want that for Roy and me.


15. I love to make lists. They keep me focused. Roy used to make fun of me but now he sees how much I can get done if I just have a goal…he now makes lists for me. I love it.


16. I’m a bad loser. Yes, I can pull it together and pretend that I’m happy you won but inside I just want to play another game and try harder.


17. I love to be outside…especially when it’s hot. I love to camp, play sports outdoors (even if I’m bad at them) or just lay by the pool and sweat off pounds.


18. I love college football…maybe it’s because UT is so much fun to cheer for. They make me proud…most seasons.


19. I love to call people on their birthday…it’s a good reason to call someone even if you haven’t talked to them all year long. BirthdayAlarm.com helps.


20. I definitely loved high school more then elementary school. Then, I got to college and couldn’t believe I had it so good. Now, I can’t imagine going back to those days, I feel like I have squeezed the best out of life every step of the way…it just keeps getting better and better.


21. I love what I do…marketing is like a game to me. And, I have Lynn to thank for taking me under her wing and teaching me how to do it. It’s so much fun.


22. I love music…perhaps it’s because I grew up in Austin but I could go to just about any concert and enjoy it. Except, many would call me a fake – I don’t use my ipod, I don’t know who sang that song and I make up lyrics just so I can sing to the music.


23. I love to read. When I’m traveling I read fiction but when I’m at home I read non-fiction. I never said I wasn’t strange.


24. I’m learning to enjoy my “roof nights” more (nights where you stay in rather then go out)…of course, it helps having a hot husband to pass the time with.


25. Jesus is my Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer, Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer, Lord and King, Beginning and the End.

No comments: