This is sweet Gable sleeping after having her first round of shots yesterday. She had Hep B, BTaP/DT/DTP/Td/Tdap, Hib, Pneumococcal Conjugate, IPV/OPV and Rotavirus vaccines (6 total).
She did great with the actually shots (after being in the hospital for two weeks, she probably thought this was a piece of cake). But, after bringing her home she was quite irritable - it was a cry of pain that I hadn't heard before...which I absolutely hated. I knew she wasn't feeling well. After a few hours we took her temperature and sure enough, she had a 100.0 temperature (the doctor said to call if it went over 101.0). We gave her three rounds of baby tylenol over a 24 hour period and she seems fine now. She never lost her appetite (a girl after my own heart).
Overall the doctor's appointment went well. Dr. Denison wrote "Beautiful, thriving child!"
She weighs 12 lbs, 10 ozs (89th percentile)
She's 23 inches long (75th percentile)
Her head size is 15.5 inches (68th percentile)


6 comments:
What a sweet baby. I'm sure you just love being a mom and she puts you in a great mood all day long!
So glad to hear the positive report from the MD! She is beautiful!
Sleeping beauty!!! So glad it went well! Keep up the good work, Momma!!!
Oh those sweet lips! I need to see them again soon.
What a beauty!!! She is so cute. Those shots are always so hard on the mommy too. ;)
Taylor has that same sleeper. They probably share a lot of clothes since they are so close in age. Funny!
Post a Comment