The second shower was on Lake Austin...my mother's Westlake friends gave me a beautiful shower, all in pink. A lot of my girlfriends made the drive to be with me, which made the day all that more special.
This is Amy, she actually had William on Thursday (four days after this picture). Amy made the drive from San Antonio to come to my shower...I think she wins the award for the best present a girl could ask for (I'm a quality time kind of girl). Doesn't she look great?!
And, this is a great picture of all the hostesses. Ree O'Connell, Becky Robertson, Ann Root, Kathy Smith, Jan Stratton and Mary Cooper (not pictured). The hostesses even served poinsettias (champagne and cranberry juice). I had water but I enjoyed the serving of the champagne (I think everyone else did, as well :)
And, this is a picture of a group of friends from high school. Julie and Shea (far left) were cheerleaders with me. I was so honored that they would come, even though it's been so long since we've seen each other. Amanda was actually a friend from college - she was my big sister in ADPi. And, Holly, Jessie and Nicole (far right) were loyal friends of mine in high school. Holly and I played basketball together (well, I warmed the bench for her). Jessie, Nicole and I were in Science Club together but we were friends earlier than that...they were really smart and I've always liked to hang out with people smarter than I am (which doesn't take much :)
And, this is Deborah and Courtney...what would I do without these girls? They were both in my wedding and I can't imagine life without them. Deborah drove from Ft. Worth (on her way back to San Antonio) to be with us...and, Courtney...she just got engaged to Benton! Me and a few of her friends are giving her a shower in Austin in March...that might be our first trip down to Austin with the baby...it's crazy to think about that!

1 comment:
I'm so glad I could be there to celebrate with you and can't wait to meet Baby Girl P!
Post a Comment