We are in the middle of shower season! Quite appropriate with all of the rain we've been getting in Dallas lately. Four showers down and four to go. It's been a blast and I have enjoyed them all. All I have to say about showers is that it is so strange to have parties thrown in honor of you...being an event planner, I am not used to being left out of the party planning.
The Austin "Cocktail" Shower...August 2, 2008






Even though it was just two weeks ago it feels like forever. We had over 50 show up to the Headliners club that evening for cocktails. My parents' friends threw the party and I have to say, they know how to have a good time. I loved catching up with friends...they kept reminding me of all the great things I've done in life (stories shall remain unpublished). Afterwards many of us headed over to The Belmont for dinner. Roy and I left for home shortly after and I feel asleep on the couch. My parents woke me up to open all of the presents (yes, they arrived home after us :). It felt like Christmas!
The Austin "Rich Family" Shower...August 3, 2008
Jeanne and Paul Rich threw Roy and I a family shower the next afternoon. Now, this was a proper family shower...fish fry and all. There were so many cousins there that I didn't remember some of their names. I just loved how everyone came together to celebrate with us.
The Dallas "Fiesta" Shower...August 9, 2008




Now, this was a party (there wasn't anything "shower" about it)! I even loved how the 13 girls who threw it for me had everyone put the presents in the back room because they knew I was more excited to see my friends then the presents they brought. I loved it. We had over 60 people come (not sure if they came for us, the fajitas or the beer but I didn't care much). It was just good to have everyone in the same house. Although we have over 75 that are planning to come to the wedding so far, many of my friends can't make it so this party was a celebration with them. Roy and I felt very special.
The Houston Shower...August 16, 2008
I don't have any pictures from the Houston shower yet but I'll try to post them when I do. Roy and I left for Houston after work last Friday and headed to Christine (my cousin) and Michael's house in Katy. We ended up staying up late re-living Phelps newest gold metal (thanks to TiVo), drinking wine and reminiscing on life. The next morning we headed over to Tom and Leslie Clay's house (uncle and aunt) for the shower. Roy took off with my father and Tom to see the bay house while family and friends trickled in. I have to say that this particular shower was very special to me. Christine and Aunt Roseanne put together a recipe book of all of my grandmother's recipes, in her own handwriting. If you know me, you know that I need any help I can get when it comes to cooking! I also received a framed picture of my grandmother in her wedding dress which Christine restored.
During the shower, before we opened presents, everyone went around and gave me advice as a new wife. So many wonderful things were said from women that had years of marriage to reflect on. I felt very overwhelmed by the responsibility ahead of me although I continue to be thankful that Roy is so loving and patient with me when I miss the mark.
After everyone left my mother pulled out her wedding dress from 30+ years ago. Although my mother had paid someone to pack the dress up, it had been ruined by the years. I could tell it was once a beautiful dress. My mother laughed as I tried it on (a little tight, which she loved).
So, we're "off" for a couple of weeks before my bachelorette party on the 6th of September. I have two baby showers this weekend along with a bachelorette party for my friend, Heather on Saturday night. I asked Roy what he was going to do this weekend and he said "nothing." I think we need a weekend of "nothing" - my cup runneth over.
Love to all.

No comments:
Post a Comment