Friday, May 13, 2011

Happy 4 months, baby girl.


Gable,

You are becoming more and more beautiful everyday. I can hardly believe that it's been four months since you blessed our lives. You're rolling over now (both ways) and we even saw you start to move on your stomach just a few days ago...it may have only been a few inches but we can't believe you're already on the go. You always want to stand on your feet or walk in our arms...we know you're ready to run around, you're little heart wants so much to move on your own but alas, you have to depend on us to go anywhere right now.

You started talking...of course we have no idea what you are saying but you're babbling more and more everyday and it's the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. You're a very happy baby, it's easy to get a smile from you, especially when you're tummy is full. You're enjoying tummy time more and more, especially when we're singing silly songs together. You're also enjoying time in your bumbo, which is fun because you can sit up on your "own"...it's super cute.


You are sleeping from around 8:30pm until 3:30am (when we pacify you until 4:30-5am, when we'll feed you and put you right back to sleep). You will always sleep the longest when you're swaddled the tightest.

You're still breastfeeding and I absolutely adore that special time together. Right after you feed, you usually let me cuddle with you a little while, especially in the early morning hours or late at night (when you're the most tired, of course). When I feed you, I have to stay quiet or you immediately stop to look and smile at me...as if I'm talking to you. We recently put you on acid reflux medicine and although you're still spitting up, I can tell your tummy isn't hurting as much. You're also starting to droll...so we pulled out your first teething toy (Sophie the Giraffe) today.

We've spent a lot of time with Grandpa this past month. You're enjoying lots of play time with Aunt Kristin, who you stay with two days a week and Jenna and Amanda. Uncle Tim is also known to pick you up and play with you, when he gets a turn. Autumn spends Mondays and Wednesdays with you...and Fridays, it's just you and me baby girl...I think that's my favorite day of the week...although Saturday and Sunday, as a family, is also pretty special.


Your dad started a new job this month with USAA but that's hasn't stopped him from spending as much time as possible with his little girl. I see him sit outside or lay next to you on the bed and tell you all about life...sometimes I catch him making up songs to sing to you. You love it, of course.


We love you...more than words can tell.


Mommy and Daddy.



2 comments:

Chrys and Mike said...

She really is such a gorgeous child! Just beautiful. Enjoy every minute!

Chrys

Travis and Andrea said...

Okay- she is one of the prettiest babies I have ever seen! Those first two pictures...Roy is in trouble! ;)
She is darling. I hope I can see her again soon.