Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meet Sonny

Meet Sonny, the 30 year old Volkswagen Van that me and four girls will be driving around Ireland next week (manual, left hand side of the road). Did I mention that we're camping out in the van? And that it's supposed to rain? And, how cold it's supposed to be? I'm really excited. Not really but I'm trying to motivate myself towards excitement.

When I made plans to take this trip, I imagined myself driving around Ireland in a nice large SUV, staying at quaint B&Bs and venturing out during the day to grab a beautiful bike ride in the hills of Ireland or to kayak along breathtaking coastline...I didn't imagine myself in this (see picture above). But, hey, it's an adventure! And, what's an adventure without a little of the unknown (or a LOT of the unknown in this case).

And, when you think of me next week (and pray for our safety) you can also say a little prayer for Roy. I love him so much for wanting me to go on this trip but he also loves me enough to give me explicit instructions on "how not to be stupid" while I'm there.

What did I get myself into? It'll be fun, right? Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds hilarious! Can't wait to hear...

Erin said...

You are such a funny writer - love it! Excited to see pics and hear the rest of the story.