Thursday, April 17, 2008

We're getting married!

It's been just over 2 months since our engagement. Despite the mass chaos of planning a wedding, it truly has been the most exciting time of my life. I now have a partner to live life with. Roy - he's incredible...truly beyond my wildest dreams. He's so much more then what I had the guts to ask God for. I'm truly humbled that he would grant me such a man of strength, character, adventure, patience and selflessness (and we all know I need a good lesson in the latter two).

We're getting married on Saturday, October 4th in Cabo, Mexico....169 days and counting! We traveled to Cabo (along with my mother and friend, Courtney) to pick a resort a few weeks ago and came across a breathtaking place (Cabo Azul)...the wedding will be beautiful. With that said, it is so clear to me that we use this time to prepare for a marriage, beyond our special day. We're learning to involve each other in our decisions, to seek the Lord first and to share life together, even when it's faster and much easier to do it on our own. We covet your prayers for us, during this special time - pray that the Lord draws us closer to Himself and that he begins to unite our hearts together.

This week I'm working on finalizing the details of the room block, picking a wedding dress and getting out the 'Save the Date' cards. The details swarm my head like a ravaged nest of wasps. But, I do have to admit that I love it...even though I'm sure Roy had a better idea to spend last night rather then going over wedding invitation possibilities for four hours...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love that you've started a blog!!

Jessie said...

I added you to my blogroll (hope that is ok). Congrats again on the engagement. It sounds like you are really happy. You sound so excited about the wedding planning, I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding.